Thursday, February 21, 2013

Breath

Right now, I need to breathe. I feel a little overwhelmed. I am ready about a friends daughter who is battling leukemia, and I cannot believe in the lack of faith I have. Everytime I read the blog, I just think to myself "you need to get on the ball", "look at their faith, you don't have what it takes". I know these are just things satan puts into my mind. I push them out, think positive, and then breathe. I seem to be a little reflective lately. I seem to be overwhelmed with the politics of our country, the downward spiral I feel like it's going...then I must breathe. I get snapped at, at work and want to just scream because people can't multitask! How hard is it? Seriously, then I remember it is a talent that I have. Most people can't do 10 different things at once. I mean, what don't you get when I say I need to take lunches at noon, but you make me late everyday? UGH, then....I breathe. I know I have to go home in 2 hours. I will have to face what is for dinner, who needs help with homework, who needs clean clothes for tomorrow, who's turn is it to shower, is the dog fed, are the horses watered, is my scouting stuff up to date, has my husband made it home, CRAP..what's for dinner, is Bryan back from therapy, is the living room clean for guests, did I request a certain day off, did I pay a bill, Cali needs to go to dance, Cali needs to be picked up, is there a way to get Fat Cats popcorn from Rexburg when I live in Rigby.......then I just take 5 minutes to breathe. I have in the back of my head that we need family pictures, haven't had one since Bryan was 5 months old. Who do I pick for a photographer? Will I look super overweight, will the kids all cordinate? (I haven't even scheduled the photoshoot!!) BEATHE FOR HEAVENS SAKE I really just want to skp home, go to fat cats, get a big extra butter popcorn and be alone. I can leave Cali for John to deal with. I can let the other kids do a "fend for yourself" night for dinner. That is what my kids call it when I don't cook. "mom, what's for dinner or is it "fend for yourself" night?" Yup, I'm the best mom out there.....breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment