Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Power of Facebook

I was driving to work yesterday 05/15/2013 and I heard this really stupid commercial, and it kept going then the commercial said. Get a better truck so your kids don't want to ride the short bus. NOW, see previous post. Pretty sure you might get how that made me feel. I thought maybe I was a little PMS, or just in a bad mood, so I let it go. Well I posted later in the day, after continuing to be bothered by it that I was mad at the add. I got some responses and people wanted the phone number, they wanted to call and complain.

Then, this morning I heard the same darn add AGAIN!! Now I was bothered again, so I know I couldn't blame it on something. I jumped on facebook and posted the phone number. I was overwhelmed by the posts. Long story short the ad has been pulled and Coles Chevrolet of Pocatello is making a donation to the Special Olympics. I felt like I needed to call Daid Service at Coles. I just wanted to tell him how thankful I was. What a great guy. Truly remorsefull for the ad. He took responsibility and wanted to let me know how sorry he was about the ad running. At first, before I talked to him I thought I would have a fight on my hands. I also thought the ad agency should do something. After talking to David he explained how this was able to happen.

I guess the dealership has been running the "wimpy truck" ads. So last month they did the first spot and now this month it's another spot. Well when the ad agency sent the transcript it was just glanced over and not read through in detail. The ad agency put it in, and Coles skimmed the final draft. It's an easy mistake to make. I know I have done it. I know I haven't taken into account all the details and I am sure sometime have offended someone. Here is where the honorable thing comes in. David recognized his mistake, took responsibility for it, and is willing to change it! He has also talked to the agency and they are making a donation to special olympics. My hope for humanity has been restored. Something that could have turned out so negative has turned into a postive for more than just me. Look at the kids that will be able to benefit from some additional support to the special olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment