Friday, July 29, 2011

Anticipation of school




I know that it must seem a bit weird to others, but I cannot wait till school is in!! I am counting down the days. What this means for me is no kids calling me at work asking for candy or sweets. No more children calling to see if they can watch a netflix movie. No more children sitting around waiting to finish their chores until 4:30 when I should be arriving at home from work. No more kids going through 3 different towels (I have 4 kids...add how many towels) each day that are wet and dropped on the floor. No more fighting, no more teenager getting upset because she couldn't sleep in even though it was here choice to stay up reading until the wee hours or morn. No more "can I go to so and so's house". I am looking forward to the orginazation, cleanliness, orderliness, rest, sleep, and peace we seem to have when school is in session. We say our daily prayers, scriptures, and daily thought. I am looking forward to studying, parent teacher conference, school plays, school lunch, teacher gifts, emails, powerschool, buses, backpacks, and all the cool things that come with kids being in school. Most of all, which is weird out of all those things....I look forward to children getting ready for bed at 7:30 so John and I can spend some time alone without children! Someone is always up during the summer. I hate it. During school....everyone is scheduled and in bed at 8:00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment