Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wrong shoes

I feel that there comes a time in everyones life where they eat crow and just have to apologize for their behavior. Yesterday....I actually did apologize to my family. This is how it all started (duh, dunt, duh)....I was at work, called home and specifically asked John to make sure this kids were dressed, hair combed, correct shoes (this was meant for Bryan), teeth brushed so we didn't look like neglectful parents on our family outing. Our intention was to go SCHOOL SHOPPING!! I know I made a point of the shoes because usually we have Bryan showing up with cowboy boots and shorts, or pink dora crocks and his sunday best. One time he was dressed up and had on spiderman slippers!! I don't know why Bryan just seems to be forgotten in the shoe arena. Anyhow, John picked me up, he forgot the gift card to Walmart, so we went to Sams for dog food. No school shopping, but we did need to stock up on stuff from Sam's. We get out of the car, walking in the parking lot and I notice that Bryan has on 2 totally different sizes and colors of flip flops. One was brown, was too small and the other was too big and camo! I made a big deal reminding John and everyone else that we need to pay more attention to Bryans shoe problem. This little guy just wears whatever is available. I had to throw the too small snow boots out because he would wear them down to the ditch to swim. Anyway, we all laughed, I was a little embarassed, but John reminded me that Bryan was happy and everyone was getting along. Now lets flash forward oh...about 4 hours. John wanted to go to the grocery store for milk and other stuff, I was tired, and so I slipped on my cute sage green mules, and headed out the door. We pulled up to the store, got out and stood in line for about 20 min trying to return the redbox, did that, now onto the store. I was walking and then had to wait for John to catch up when my foot itched. I noticed my sage green mule felt a little different, when I looked down and saw my dark brown penny loafer!! I could have sworn I put on my green shoes!! I then looked at my other shoe and would you believe it....my sage green mule!! I had two totally different shoes on!! I started to laugh, John caught up and asked what was so funny. I told him that I needed to apologize for Bryans shoes earlier because (here is where I point down to my shoes) I too am wearing the wrong shoes. He laughed and said that he now knows where Bryan gets his shoe problem. If you know me at all I do have a shoe fettish. I can no longer fit shoes in my closet. I do have room under my bed though. I will reinact the shoe problem and post a picture so you can get the full effect. I do want to make clear that today I am wearing the same shoes :)

1 comment:

  1. That was AWESOME. I had two pairs of the same pumps back in the day, one black and one blue. I fully went to church once with one of each on (I think it was in Wilford!). Have you seen those little portable "flats" you can fold up and carry in your purse? I think I should get a pair of those for such emergencies!

    ReplyDelete