Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm ashamed to admit that I did in fact buy the watermelon, we did go to the Jefferson County fireworks, and yep we had the hamburgers. However, I did not buy t-shirts or make potato salad! To admit, I really had Howard Jones on my mind. My little brother, Blake texted me to let me know that he bought HoJo tickets!! Now I will admit this because I am adult enough to realize that everyone has some closet obsession. I am a closet Howard Jones groupie. I love his music, love his concerts, and if I lived in London my kids would take piano from him...no matter what the cost!! The 4th shouldn't have taken a "back seat" but it did. I was ready to go Friday night, rode to SLC with my older brother who went with us! I stayed the night at my moms house, slept in, watched my nephews, swam at the pool, went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and went to the concert!! We were third in line WHOOT WHOOT. My awesome brothers got the best seats in the house WHOOT WHOOT! First order of business was buying the coveted concert t-shirt. Now in reality where in the heck would I wear a concert t-shirt? I have been known to wear it to church (that was the last HoJo concert). I work full time, I go home get into my PJ's and usually just stay there. I'm not going to wear it in the garden, it might get dirty. I would not wear it to a "church function" (Sunday church is different). I will fold it up, put it in my closet and keep it there. Anyway......I bought the t-shirt went into the bathroom and changed before you could blink. We sat down, had dinner and then the miracle of July 9th started!! (I still get giddy in my tummy). As the concert proceeded the girls behind us were a little, okay, well on their way to intoxication. They were talking about rushing the stage. I was not intoxicated, but Clint told me that if I didn't do it, it would be something I would regret it the rest of my life. I sat for a few songs and then it happened. I realized that I would indeed regret this, I would sit back and ponder the concert and wish that I had "rushed the stage". In that moment of a haze I turned around told the ladies behind me "come on, we're going up"! I don't know what happened but a huge smile appeared and I was grooving to the music leading the ladies like the pied piper of HoJo!! We passed all the duds in their seats, sitting down and started to dance right in front of the stage :0 I turned around, waved my arms at my bros. and danced until the song ended. I can truly say that Howard was so happy, he looked right into my eyes and I could tell at that moment we had a connection. After the song was over, he took an intermission. I ran back to my bros and jumped for joy as I realized that I didn't sit back and let someone else "lead the group". It was me, all on my own, I decide to get off my butt and do it. Now I can go really deep, but I realized that I didn't need to be intoxicated, no one else knew who I was and lots of people were smiling when we came back to our seats. Maybe, just maybe I inspired some other woman in the crowd to get off her duff and do something. I know I'm more motivated to get off the duff and do more, do something, want more, do more. Thank you HoJo, I would not have come to this realization had it not been for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment