Sunday, July 8, 2012

Grey hairs and summer

As I work through the summer, my kids stay at home with little to do besides chores. We were blessed as a family to get a year membership to the Apple Athletic Club. This has been such a huge blessing. I use it as bribery and when there is nothing to do...APPLE!! Date night for John and I now includes APPLE!! If its a hot summer day...APPLE!! Summer is going fast. School is around the bend. Madison will be a sophmore, not sure I really like that idea. Thomas, 7th grade and year 2 of precussion here we come. Cali Ann, 4th grade! I can't even believe that. Then the baby...Bryan full time officially...1st grade :( Man are we getting old. I have 2 grey hairs in my bangs and I don't want to pluck them out. I have worked hard for them. It's been a hellish 3 years and then when I finally feel like we have hit a plateau.....2 grey hairs. I have grown out all of my artificial color and am all natural. For some odd reason I feel this "duty" to show my natural hair. I have spent years covering it all up and now....it's all natural. This week I am having lasik surgery which will help me not feel so old grabbing my glasses all the time. I shouldn't say all the time because I grab them when I wake up and take them off when I lay down. There is no taking them off during the day. I can't see my hand in front of me if it's an arm lengths away. I have super bad eye sight. This is the year of procedures for our family. I can't wait until Thursday. I am super nervous, but so excited. I can't wear any make up 3 days before and 5 days after. Sooooo, to go along with my all natural curly greying hair, I now have no make up on for 8 days!! My sweet husband says I am so pretty without all that stuff, but when I look in the mirror I feel like a washed out palette. I guess I have to look forward to the surgery and then being able to wear makeup again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment