Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summertime, cars and grey hairs

I need to start off this post with my love of my car. It's a 96 Acura RL with leather seats, and a sun roof. It has a lot of bells and whistles for a 96. I take care of her because I LOVE TO DRIVE MY CAR!! Well she got new shoes (tires) and we had to get them at Sams because that is what we could afford. Usually we buy from Les Schwab in Rigby. I LOVE LES SCHWAB, I will never stray again (I promise). Well we were just going along all dandy, new tires and a few months later, we end up in July of 2012. I went to Salt Lake at the end of June and drove my lovely car. Heading back to Rigby, ID I noticed that a lug nut wasn't on correctly. Sooooo what do I do take it to Sam's. They tell me that they can't replace it I need to take it to a tire store, pay for it, and they will reimburse me....GREAT, like I have the time for that. Soooooo....I slither into Les Schwab on my pleading knees for them to fix the problem that I wouldn't have had if I had just gone there in the first place! UGH. Well sweet BJ Byrum told me not only did they break the lug nut stud on the one, that Sam's had stripped another stud and it was just spinning. He warned me that in order to take it off they might have to cut it with a torch which might damage the wheel. (Seriously! This is my one freakin day off and I have to deal with this crap!!!) So I called Sam's and went the rounds about who was going to pay if the wheel got damaged, the limit they would pay without an insurance adjuster...blah, blah, blah. I left the car with sweet BJ and set off about my other errands in Rigby, after John had taken me to lunch. Now I have the suburban to drive, a hubby at work, kids at home, its hot, its humid and my damn hair won't stay off my neck. While Les Schwab was fixing my car I went and cut off my hair! It's short, off my neck, light on my head, and out of the way!! And my car got fixed, no torch needed, 2 studs fixed and it only cost $27.95. I will never stray from Les Schwab again. You get what you pay for. I will pay an extra $100.00 for tires just so I don't have to deal with the problem. A $20.00 gift card for my inconvenience from Sam's club wasn't enough. Grey hairs seem to be sneaking in about my head. I have my two favs in front, but now I have a couple on top. I am embracing the new me. New hair cut, new grey hairs, and a new outlook on life. Summertime is so hot! But when the shade of the day, and it cools a bit it is a wonderful place to be. We pulled down our patio furniture after 10 years in the garage loft. Sitting in the chairs last night was wonderful. I can't wait to go home today and sit in my chair with a cold pepsi :) I will have to shop on Sunday, just so I have have that sweet pepsi in hand. Thats ok, I feel ok about it. If I have to work on Sunday, I can shop on Sunday. That is how I justify myself. Here's to your summertime and grey hairs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment